Full Service Dentistry
Veneers & Laminates
Dental veneers (sometimes referred to as porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates) are very thin, custom-designed shells of tooth-colored materials used to cover the front surfaces of teeth to improve their appearance. The color, form, size, and length of the teeth are all altered by these shells, which are bonded to the front of the teeth.
Porcelain or resin composite materials can be used to make dental veneers. Porcelain veneers withstand stains better than resin veneers and effectively match the light reflecting qualities of natural teeth. On the other hand, resin veneers are thinner and require the removal of less of the tooth surface before insertion. Consult the best Shreveport dentist – Dr. Chris A. Mott, if you are confused about which option will work best for you..
Book Your Appointment With Us For Best Dental Veneers Service In Shreveport, LA
Here at Dr. Chris A Mott DDS, we offer premium quality dental veneers and laminates service in Shreveport. Our dentist and a team of professionals are adept at understanding your requirements and handcraft a treatment plan accordingly. Schedule an appointment with us today!
What Should You Know About Veneers & Laminates?
- The use of a local anesthetic is not always required while preparing a porcelain laminate veneer. A local anesthetic is recommended for people who are very sensitive or worried.
- A porcelain laminate veneer takes around one week in the lab to fabricate. However, this can vary based on the requirements.
- You can expect some heat and cold sensitivity. This is common and originates from the loss of a little part of the enamel coating of the tooth. This sensitivity should subside within a few days of the veneers being placed.
- Insertion or cementation of your laminate veneers might be done more with or without local anesthesia. The duration of this visit is usually lengthier. The laminates are bonded to your teeth with a light-sensitive resin that hardens with the use of white light.
- Your laminate veneers are extremely sturdy once installed, and they will withstand the majority of the stresses imposed by a typical diet. Porcelain is a type of glass that is both strong and delicate. As a result, stay away from anything that will strain the laminate veneer.